Friday, October 12, 2012

Best of the Blogosphere: 10/12/12 Edition

Best of the Blogosphere showcases the week's best posts from other bloggers (in my humble opinion, of course). Every Friday I feature a blog post in the following categories: Simple Living, Financial, DIY, Before & After, and Random. Here are this week's picks:

Best Simple Living: Free People Blog shows how to make a 2-Ingredient Air Freshener. So simple!

Best Financial: Chris at Simple Family Finance went the extra mile and did a cost/benefit analysis of maintaining a vegetable garden. The verdict? I'm convinced that having a vegetable garden is worth it, personally and financially.

Best DIY: This is an oldie but goodie: Amanda at Wit & Whistle provides a tutorial for how to stencil text on fabric. I've decided this will be one of my first DIY projects in my new apartment.

Best Before & After: This week, Apartment Therapy featured a stunning living room makeover. The "after" shot was definitely helped by some natural light and a good photographer, but I think the blue really lightens up the room. Bonus points for the pops of yellow.

Best Random: This post blew my mind. No need for a fancy herb cutter - The Kitchn shows us how to chop up fresh herbs with a rocks glass and a pair of scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment