Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New Apartment Update: Getting Closer!

In just a week, I will sign the lease for my new apartment! A studio of my own!

My excitement has made it harder to wait, but I've found that looking for decorating inspiration helps. I have a preliminary vision for what the two main rooms in the apartment will look like. The main room is fairly large and can be sequestered into a living area and a sleeping area. This is my floor-plan inspiration:
Source
For color in the main room, cobalt blue has caught my eye lately. I think I can add some touches of this striking color to the black and navy decor that I already own. I do think I’ll need to throw in some other pops of color, but I won’t really know what that secondary color should be until I see the room all put together. Here is my cobalt blue inspiration:

For the kitchen, I’m going with black, white, and red. I have a few red kitchen items that I can put on display. I like the look of this kitchen:
Source

I'm signing my lease on November 1st and will be able to take pictures of the empty apartment then. I'll post those in my next apartment update. Getting closer!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! cant wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone else can relate to the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete