Monday, November 5, 2012

Studio Colors: Bathroom Edition

I’m so excited to live in my own place (and decorate it) that I've already started coming up with ideas for color schemes! I’m a lover of primary colors, and that is evident in my choices for my three rooms: red, yellow, and blue.

A few weeks ago I had an inspiration for my bathroom: gray/yellow/black/white! This will be PERFECT considering that I have enough black and yellow items (my alma mater’s school colors). I've gone back and forth with whether I should get a yellow shower curtain, because perhaps that would be too bold. But why not go bold? If I add enough yellow accents, I hope it will mute the overpowering gray/blue tile! Here is what I’m thinking for the shower curtain:


West Elm

Now, I don't have anything else planned beyond the shower curtain, so the rest of the room will be pretty bare for a while! Here's some inspiration from the interwebs to get me started:

Source

Source

Source

2 comments:

  1. Yellow is the bee's knees! Why not get that shower curtain and then you can always return it if it is too overpowering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is what I'll do. Buy it and then see how it looks. You never really know until you get it in the room!

    ReplyDelete