Friday, January 25, 2013

Best of the Blogosphere: 1/25/13 Edition

Every Friday I feature a blog post in the following categories: Simple Living, Financial, DIY, Before & After, and Random. Here are this week's picks:

Best Simple Living: Holy cow, a cooking blog that features simple recipes of 10 ingredients or less? Yes please! Check out the Minimalist Baker.

Best Financial: Ugh, Five Cent Nickel tackles the ugly truth that women still make less than men. There is also other interesting data about education level and employment sectors with regards to salaries.

Best DIY: One of my favorite DC blogs, Sanity Fair, gives readers a tutorial on how to make a roller shade. I really love this and think it could actually make a great "door" between my kitchen and bedroom.
Best Before & After: This crib-turned-shelf is the coolest repurposing of furniture I have seen in a long time. I would have never thought to turn a crib into a shelf! From Apartment Therapy.

Best Random: These lifehacks from Twisted Sifter went around Facebook this week and are good enough to repost here. Before reading this I had never thought of putting ice cream in the Nutella jar to finish it off. Life changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment