Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fifty Deco: December 2012 Recap

It’s time for the December installment of Fifty Deco. In this segment I feature the item(s) I purchased the previous month (on a $50 budget) for apartment decoration, organization, and miscellaneous DIY. I’ll tell you why I bought what I did, where I got it, and what I paid for it. I’ll also showcase the items in future blog posts so you can see the item(s) in use.

December Finds:


  • Small cabinet shelf, Container Store = $4.99
  • Medium double cabinet shelf, Container Store = $8.49
  • Tag blue and white cotton rug, TabletopDC = $32.00

Total = $48.21 (including tax)
Leftover = $1.79


A close-up picture of the rug can be found here. I'm using the rug in my entryway and the shelves have been put to use in the kitchen and bathroom. More on that in a future post!

My favorite part about shopping in December was buying the rug from a local business, TabletopDC. Located in Dupont Circle, TabletopDC has a mixed of modern and eclectic products for adults and children. Perfect place to grab a last-minute gift for that wedding or baby shower!


No comments:

Post a Comment