Thursday, January 24, 2013

Papa and the Pictures

Even though I try to do as much DIY projects as possible myself, I would be foolish to pass up an opportunity to use the expertise of my dad, the carpenter, when he volunteers his services. And that is how it came to be that I have some pictures now framed and hung in my living room - yay!

My dad came to DC for the inauguration weekend and we spent a lot of our time working on things in my apartment. And by we, I really mean he...I just directed the operation! Especially when we went to the Washington Framers' Workroom in Tenleytown. He quickly took over when I was struggling with all of the things he does on a daily basis. He is at home among wire cutters, pliers, and fractions...whereas I take triple the amount of time to use these things and compute numbers. I get there eventually, just not as fast.

And now I present the results of this project. Two of the photos (8x8 and 16x20) were hand-cut and mounted at the Framers' Workroom, three (8x10s) were standard frames and mattes from Michael’s. The photographs are all mine.


Let's take a look back at what the wall looked like before:




And with the new pictures:




Now for some close-ups:





I'm happy I finally have some art on my walls, but there is still a lot of white space left! Love it or hate it?

3 comments:

  1. Definitely love it!! It's such a nice space, I love everything about the room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the artsy photos of your artsy photos ;)

    ReplyDelete