Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tri-Annual Credit Report: Experian

A year ago or so, I read somewhere (blog, PF book, can’t exactly remember) that the three major credit reporting companies, Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion, offer an annual free credit report. I decided that I should take advantage of this and start checking my credit regularly. I put reminders in my calendar for the following schedule:

Experian - January
Equifax - June
TransUnion - September

Then I totally forgot about it! But the marvel that is Google Calendar popped up at me the other day telling me it was time to check my credit. Thank you, Google!

I’ve had a chance to review my credit report and so far it all looks good! No surprises, thankfully.

To check your credit report, go to www.annualcreditreport.com and fill out the information. Select all three consumer credit reporting companies or split them up like I do and check your credit for free three times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment