Monday, February 25, 2013

Being Away = No Time to Play

I've been out of town for about a week for work, which means I haven't had the chance to take on any new projects for my apartment. But being away doesn't mean I haven't been dreaming of projects! Here's a preview of a few things I want to get to this spring.

1. Spray paint wicker baskets

There are many examples of this on the web, including here and here. Seems simple enough, so I am going to give it a try on a few baskets I have. I'm planning on going with something similar to this:
Blueblood via Sherwin Williams
2. Spruce up plastic drawers

Aren't these just ugly and boring?

Target

Thanks to Pinterest, I have an idea on how to make these more appealing:


Source
3. Work on bedroom accents

In January I blogged about my decision to use emerald green as the accent color in my bedroom:



Needless to say, this project hasn't taken off. I still need to decide which pillows to buy!
That's enough to keep me busy for the next month or two, I think. I'm sure I'll have more ideas along the way and I'll share them as I go.

Are there any projects you haven't had time to get to? What do you have planned for home-related projects for the spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment