Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Quotes in the Kitchen

I mentioned on Monday that I have another wall in my kitchen to show y'all. Between my refrigerator and counter I have a fairly large white wall. It is extremely dull:

Luckily, I had an idea. It all started with a calendar a friend gave me last year. When I received the 2012 Quotable Calendar, I was going through a bit of a rough time. Every month, I looked forward to turning over the page to find a new, inspirational quote. I liked some of them so much that I decided to keep them. Since some of them reference food or breakfast, I decided the kitchen would be a perfect place to hang a series of these quotes.
At the beginning of 2013, I cut out my six favorite calendar images and framed them at the Washington Framer's Workroom, my go-to place for framing. When my dad was here a few weeks ago, he helped me hang them (actually, he did all the work!). So here you have it, six awesome quotes on my kitchen wall:

Of course, I have to include close-ups!
If you've been following my blog for the last month, you probably noticed that the majority of my time has been spent decorating the kitchen. Time to turn to other parts of my apartment!
Do you like any of the quotes I framed? Is there a special item you have turned into a piece of art in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment