Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yoga on the Cheap

I’ve discussed before how I like taking yoga classes, but that paying for exercise is one of the things I’ve given up for now in the interest of paying down debt.

After I decided to forego yoga classes, I tried some yoga podcasts. It took me awhile to get used to doing yoga on my own, but it has grown on me lately. I have started running again, which means that my leg muscles are extremely tight these days. What better way to stretch after a run than doing a quick 20-25 minute yoga session? For this I use podcasts from Yoga Download, which are free on iTunes. What is cheaper than free? Nothing!

Here’s a list of some free yoga sources that I've used on the interwebs:

1. Yoga Download - mentioned above

2. Yoga Journal - another source of free podcasts available for download on iTunes

3. Yoga Today - their YouTube account features videos that focus on a different area of the body, perfect for when you have tension in a specific area. 


What free exercise sources do you use?

3 comments:

  1. Anything Tara Stiles!!! She is the most down-to-earth, easy-to-follow yoga person I've ever seen. And her books (Yoga Cures & Slim/Calm/Sexy) are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Mel!! I'll be sure to look into her programs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youtube her. She has lots of fun recipes, too.

      Delete