Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dream Garden

In my last post, I talked about my dream house. So what about my dream garden? When I have a little home of my own, one of the first things I'll do is put in a garden. If I get a decent backyard, I'll create something like this:

Cottage Gardening

Since I live in a small apartment, what could I do about a garden now? What about "small" gardening? I've featured a few of my favorite small gardening options below:


1. Vertical Garden
Instructables

Try re-using an old shoe-holder as a vertical garden. Instructions can be found here.


2. Herb Garden

Lazy Liz on Less

Scared of trying to grow vegetables? Start off with a small herb garden.

3. Pallet Garden

Life on the Balcony

This is my favorite small-space garden option, by far! Now that it is nice outside I've been itching for a balcony or patio to relax on. A full tutorial on how to make a pallet garden can be found here.

4. Mason Jar Garden

Not Just a Housewife

Another use for a mason jar! Get full instructions here. A tip on finding mason jars: check out estate sales. I recently scored a few at one in my neighborhood.

5. Compact Vegetable Garden

Boys' Life

Great option for a small backyard. I can see this being a good beginner's garden - looks easy enough! Instructions here.

Happy Gardening!!

2 comments:

  1. Id love to try growing vegetables or herbs on my balcony, but I kill everything! oh well...maybe wont day when I have more space and more time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm okay with herbs, but can't seem to keep houseplants alive! My philodendron is hanging on, but just barely!

    ReplyDelete