Friday, June 14, 2013

Best of the Blogosphere: 6/14/13 Edition

Every Friday I feature a blog post in the following categories: Simple Living, Financial, DIY, Before & After, and Random. Here are this week's picks:

Best Simple Living: I recently did a bit of babysitting for a couple in town for a conference. I was amazed at all of the stuff they brought with them for their baby. The Minimalist Mom gives some tips on simplifying travel with your little ones.

Best Financial: A great article on Roth IRA's, including reasons why it might not be advantageous at certain points in your life to contribute to one. Via Get Rich Slowly.

Best DIY: Apartment Therapy has a tutorial on how to make a dessert stand out of vintage plates. I don't know why, but I've always wanted to make one of these.
Best Before & After: These "make-unders" are basically restoring crap furniture into their original glory, and what glory it is! Via Design Sponge.

Best Random: A list from Buzzfeed on why summer birthdays suck. As someone born in August, I can definitely relate to many of these. Especially #14, 15, and 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment