Friday, July 19, 2013

Best of the Blogosphere: Vacation Catch-Up

Every Friday I feature a blog post in the following categories: Simple Living, Financial, DIY, Before & After, and Random. This week, I'm featuring my "catch-up" posts - the articles from the last two weeks that I missed while I was away in Europe! Here are this week's picks:

Best Simple Living: I'm a huge fan of Freecycle. So is Unclutterer - read their take on this awesome community organization.

Best Financial: Tuition.io investigates this thing called "austerity." It is really just living within your means and not succumbing to consumerism. In order to get out of debt, I'm following many of the principles of austerity. It is working!

Best DIY: What do I do with those city maps I accumulated while on vacation? DIY them into a cool project! Via Apartment Therapy.
Best Before & After: Amazing makeover of a crappy shed! Via Relaxshacks.

Best Random: NPR has an interesting article on what motivates a person to by brand-name medicine when generics are readily available. I buy generics for everything medicine-related. Same ingredients, same results! The one exception: tissues. Give me soft Puffs or Kleenex any day over the generic. Blowing your nose with something next to sandpaper is horrible! Although I should just take a page from my dad's playbook and use handkerchiefs....

No comments:

Post a Comment