Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My New Magical Bedroom

Check out this before and after:



Tadaa!!!

I fell in love with the half-canopy bed route and decided to go for it! The two best parts of this are 1) I got the overall look for pretty cheap and 2) My dad was here to help me install it.

Cost breakdown, all items from Ikea:

2 Racka curtain rods at $2.99 ea. = $5.98
2 Vasentlig finials at $4.99 ea. = $9.98
2 Betydlig wall brackets at $1.49 ea. = $2.98
2 Betydlig curtain rod holders at $0.49 ea. = $0.98
1 pair of Lill sheer curtains = $4.99
1 Dignitet curtain wire = $12.99

Grand total = $37.90 plus tax

A small price to pay for a great outcome!

I bought two curtain rods and installed both so that eventually, I can put a colorful panel behind the sheer curtains. I also installed the curtain wire at bed-level to tuck the curtains into. This helps keep them from falling out as I toss and turn at night. I'm loving it so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment