Wednesday, August 7, 2013

End of Summer Goals

Now that summer is almost over (it is almost mid-August!), I’ve thought about the projects I want to get done before fall arrives. As I sat down to write this post, I thought of probably a dozen projects, but then I realized that I won’t be able to get more than 3-4 done before the end of this month. With that in mind, here are my goals for the end of the summer:

1) Sell Stuff
I bought a new-to-me MacBook last April, but haven’t sold my old HP yet. What am I doing? That’s at least $100 in my pocket. I need to do some research to see what kind of money I can get for it on Craigslist before I list it, but this is a super-easy way to make some money! I also have a few collector items I can sell on eBay, although I’m not sure how much they are worth. Again, I need to spend some time researching.

2) Donate Stuff
When I transitioned my wardrobe from winter to summer, I put some clothes and other miscellany into a box to donate. It is sitting in my closet taking up room that could be used to start my closet renovation.

3) New Curtains
Since moving into my studio last year, I’ve been annoyed by the curtains in the main room. I loved the curtains in my old place, but my current windows aren’t as big (height-wise), so the curtains drag on the floor. Plus, I’ve gone with a new color scheme. Of the curtain styles I've looked at, this is my favorite so far. I would have to hem them, though, since they only come in one size:


Overstock.com

4) Finish Gallery Wall
I haven't yet showed off the start of the gallery wall, so that's coming in a future post. In short, I need to hit the hardware store and TJ Maxx to finish this this project up!

Do you have any end-of-summer-goals? Share them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment