Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Color, Ladies and Gents!

Time for a bedroom update. Here is where we left off:


Last week I received a lovely item in the mail and, wow, did it make a difference in my bedroom. I've got color!!

As you can see, I went with teal. I love it! I also think it makes the room less harsh, which is a good thing. As for the other small additions, I already had the striped pillow - you might remember it from an earlier iteration of the bedroom. The matching teal tray is from West Elm.

The panel curtain behind the tulle curtains is from ZGallerie. Can you tell that it is also "tufted" - just like the duvet cover? When I saw it I knew immediately that this would be the perfect backdrop. It is subtle, yet it accents the bedding perfectly! Added bonus: the curtain panel was on sale. Double win!

I ended up taking down the navy blue curtains (not in frame here - but would be on the left) because I want to get new ones that better match the new decor. Now I'm thinking about a third color accent to finish off the color palette. What goes well with teal and black? Should I bring in another color or pattern with the curtains? Decisions!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! That's the exact color I was imagining! A really light lemon yellow would be really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or a red-orange for a southwestern hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestions, Nicole! You are my color guru :)

      Delete