Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fall Goals

I always think of summer being over once the Labor Day holiday has come and gone, so it is time to reflect on where I am with my end of summer goals.

1) Sell Stuff
I did pretty well here! I sold my old computer for $100 and an extra wireless mouse for $25. I didn’t successfully sell my old curtains (probably going to Freecycle those) and I also didn’t sell some collectors items on eBay. BUT - I’m going to donate some of those items to a charity auction, so they’ll be leaving my apartment soon.

2) Donate Stuff
I did mostly well here again. I donated two bags of clothes to www.donatestuff.org, but I haven’t yet figured out what to do with some household items (probably going to Freecycle here again).

3) New Curtains
Did not accomplish this. See fall goal number one!


Goals for Fall


1) New Curtains
Since this didn’t get done in the summer, it is number 1 on my to-do list for the fall. I’ve narrowed down my choices, so this one shouldn’t be too hard!

2) Get started on making Christmas gifts
If I don’t start making gits in the fall, I will feel so rushed by the time December rolls around! I can do some of the crocheting early, but some of the baking will have to wait until December, obviously.

3) Re-arrange the dining area
I have some ideas about what to do with the dining room area, which might include moving the desk again and finding a different spot for the corner shelf next to the desk. I also might go with a smaller, collapsible dining table to maximize space.

4) Frame Photos 
I took some great photos on my European vacation this summer, so I want to get some of those printed and framed. Ideally, I’d hang these in my newly-designed dining area, so really goal 3 and 4 go together!

No comments:

Post a Comment