Monday, September 23, 2013

Loan Payoff Fatigue

Ok, I admit it. I have loan payoff fatigue. I'm just tired. Tired of working two jobs, tired of seeing all of that money go to pay off debt, and tired of not being rid of it already!

Is this rational? No. Rationality says this is a great return on investment (ROI) and that I'll thank myself in the long run because I'll have paid less interest.

I've taken a one-way train to Plateau Point. Via.
But right now all I care about is how I had a great weekend with friends and that I felt free. I want that feeling to continue, but today it is back to the 9-5 grind and a restaurant shift after that.

Sometimes on days like these I just need a little motivation. What would really help is if the person interested in buying my car would commit to buying. It would also help if I have a great shift at the restaurant tonight. Finally, it would help if this weekend the community yard sale I'm participating in helps me make even MORE money to put towards my loans.

But I'm not going to get all of these things this moment, so I might as well just keep repeating "patience is a virtue" until I can't repeat it anymore!

What do you do when you feel like you've hit a plateau on one of your goals?

1 comment:

  1. Just a little update on the things above that I hoped would help my motivation:
    1. The person who was interested in buying my car backed out. BOO.
    2. I had two good shifts last week and made a combined total of $230.
    3. I sold some stuff at the yard sale last weekend. See tomorrow's post for details!

    ReplyDelete