Monday, December 16, 2013

Debt Free!

I did it, everyone. I dug myself out of debt. I am debt free! It is an amazing feeling. I sent the final payment in last Friday and by Saturday my account looked like this:

This weekend, I filled out the chart that had been hanging on my wall since January 2012. You can see that I started with about $56,000 total debt. The red line captures the debt, while the other lines cover income and expenses.

And the most ironic part of this is that the red pen ran out as I drew the line to zero! It is the only red pen I own and it has been with me since I started this journey. It is as if the pen said, "My time here is done" and decided it was through with this debt thing. Me too, pen, me too!

I've been doing this happy dance since Friday!


7 comments:

  1. Woohoooo!!! Crazy how you obviously planned to have this chart be used for much longer!! Are you going to stay with your second job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The chart goes into 2016. I did think I would still be in debt by then! I'm going to keep my second job for a while - only waitressing one shift a week, though. I do enjoy it, but at some point I'm sure I'll be tired of it. As long as they are fine with me only taking on one shift, then I'm fine staying that way!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Just reading your title of this blog gave me goosebumps! Great job becoming debt free so quick - what an inspiration to others!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana! Nice to see you reading my blog. Hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  3. You're a rock star! And that clip of dancing is my favorite. Say, can you upload yours?! ;) Congrats, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you will not see me uploading a gif of myself :)

      Delete