Thursday, December 12, 2013

Small Christmas Decorations for a Small Space

Growing up, my parents had a huge stash of Christmas decorations. We put up lights outside, wrapped garland around the banisters, set up a porcelain nativity scene on the coffee table, and of course, had a massive (9 foot) Christmas tree. I loved decorating for Christmas then.

Now, with no kids and little time spent in my own apartment at Christmas, I only have a few decorations to put out. I only have one box of decorations, contrast that with the 15 or so boxes my parents have at home in their basement. I'm content with having less, so this extends to my Christmas decorations as well. 

My philosophy for decorating for Christmas is this: choose only the decorations you like and keep them to one area of the apartment.

Here are the small changes I've made to my apartment for the holiday:


Now for the close-ups!

Yay or nay on the ornaments atop mason jars?
That's me and my grandma cutting down Christmas trees.
Some more ornaments - this time with cinnamon-scented pine cones! It smells lovely in here.

Last but not least, this adorable snowman air freshener!


How do you decorate for the holidays in a small space?

2 comments:

  1. Ahem. Those are pine cones, not acorns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha oops! My bad. I know the difference :) I'll fix it.

      Delete