Thursday, March 27, 2014

Closet Improvements

Little by little, I'm making improvements to my closet. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon these navy blue baskets at TJ Maxx:


A perfect find, it turns out! I already had a theme of navy blue and green going in the closet anyway, so this was a welcome addition.

The fun part about decorating and organizing my closet is that it has really come together over a period of time longer than any other room. The first part of the color theme to emerge was when I bought the hamper liners from the Container Store well over a year ago. I remember standing in the store for a good 10 minutes looking at colors. I knew I'd be able to see the liners, so I didn't want to regret my choice later on. I ended up going with the navy blue/green ones because I knew I had a lot of blue, but I also knew that I didn't have any green anywhere in apartment decorations. I thought I might as well change that!

I went a few more months without doing anything to the closet and it looked pretty forlorn. Then I purchased new curtains for the living room, which left me with a perfect navy blue curtain panel to use as a "door" over the shelves in the closet. They match the hamper liners perfectly!

The closet went untouched again for about 6 months, then I purchased a new stand for my entryway, which allowed me to repurpose this black stand as a shelf in the closet:

About a month after that my parents were in town for a visit and we went to Michael's (I just found one that is metro-accessible. I fear for my finances now! So many craft projects, so little money/time). There, I found these different-sized green baskets:

And now, another few months after finding the green baskets, I found the navy ones! These random finds have helped my closet go from this:

To this:

My closet is still a work in progress, but it is much improved!

No comments:

Post a Comment