A few weeks ago I saw this photo from Apartment Therapy, which was the first time I encountered a photo of my exact buffet!
|Via Apartment Therapy|
It really was easy. I thought I'd have to take the whole thing apart, which was not appealing. Before I started, though, I consulted my dad, the master carpenter and Solver of All Building-Related Problems. He said I could just hammer the shelves loose, move the friction-fit pieces that hold the shelves in place, and then hammer the shelves into their new settings. That's exactly what I did. Moving the shelves took all of five minutes. Cleaning them took much longer, so the project turned out to take about an hour. Check out my full wine rack now! The sun was quite bright when I took this picture - I'll have to get a better shot some other time.
It might seem like a tiny project, but I'm very proud of myself. And happy that now I can display my lovely wines in their proper place!